The learning stairway is an extensive framework that maps civilian qualifications to the military qualifications attained at each level. Please click on your trade below to access the learning stairway.
The purpose of the RLC Foundation is to promote and enhance logistics professionalism in the Corps through active engagement with Industry and Academia. Providing careers support for those in transition is a complimentary part of this.
Every man and woman in the Corps, Regular and Army Reserve, should consider themselves a professional logistician with the qualifications, experience and understanding to be able to transfer seamlessly to an appropriate second career in industry. Gaining recognised qualifications, taking every opportunity for professional development and expertise in your chosen trade will make this process much easier as well as benefit the Corps and your future career prospects.
Put simply, start thinking of your professional development as early as you can and don’t let retirement/discharge come as a shock.
On this page you will see a growing series of links to the recruitment pages of our corporate partners as well as, training support organisations and, of course the CTP and OA. Please feel free to explore and, where appropriate, make contact with those organisations you wish to find out more about. If you need any more information please get in touch – Contact us here
Know your CV and application form by heart, your interviewer will refer to them
When attending an interview make sure you are prepared, ensure you have researched the company and can competently answer why you’re the best candidate for the position.
When writing your CV double check for errors, such as spelling mistakes, dates that conflict with one another and incorrect email address and phone number.
Get networking. Many people find jobs through friends, family and acquaintances.
RLC Trade Learning Stairways
The learning stairway is an extensive framework that maps civilian qualifications to the military qualifications attained at each level. Please click on your trade below to access the learning stairway. Learning stairways for other trades to follow shortly.
Corporate Members – Recruitment Opportunities
ABP Southampton are seeking a Service Delivery Operative
Full Time, Permanent Contract
Location – Southampton
Competitive Salary + Benefits
ABP is the UK’s leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland and Wales. Our ports include Immingham, the UK’s busiest port and Southampton, the UK’s leading export port and number one for cars and cruise. The group’s other activities include rail terminal operations (Hams Hall Rail Terminal), ship’s agency, dredging (UK Dredging Ltd), and marine consultancy (ABPmer). Each port also offers a well-established community of port service providers.
In 2015 ABP and its customers handled 92 million tonnes of cargo. Together with our customers, we support 84,000 jobs and contribute £5.6 billion to the UK economy every year.
Southampton is the UK’s number one vehicle handling port, Europe’s leading turnaround cruise port and the UK’s most productive container port. Operated by DP World Southampton, the terminal is home to the new 500m deepwater quay SCT5, which was purpose built to handle the biggest ships in the world.
A major dredging programme ensures that 15.5m draft vessels – the biggest currently afloat – can access the port on most days of the year.
The port is less than two miles from the M27 and has direct rail links to the main railway network for both freight and passenger trains. The Port of Southampton is served by Southampton International Airport, while Gatwick and Heathrow airports are within easy reach.
Main purpose of the role:
To deliver the port operations plan on a duty shift basis, and to undertake general port related activities. To continually improve the performance of the port in its four key principles of safety, quality, service and efficiency.
- Berthing of allocated vessels, including mooring / unmooring and fender moves.
- Installation of cruise access infrastructure including conventional and overhead gangways.
- Ensuring the landside infrastructure is available and in place for vessel arrival and departure.
- Installing, maintaining and removing infrastructure to set up temporary compounds and cruise facilities.
- Ensuring the quayside and surrounding areas are kept to the agreed standards.
- Supporting the maintenance and shift technicians as and when required.
- Helping to create a culture of continuous improvement, and being proactive in putting forward ideas to improve safety, quality, service and/or efficiency.
The shift pattern for a Service Delivery Operative involves working a combination of 4 on 2 off, and 3 on 2 off.
Skills & Experience required:
- Full, clean driving licence (essential)
- Ability to work a fixed shift pattern (essential)
- Eager to learn and develop new skills (essential)
- Committed and self-motivated (essential)
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work on own initiative (essential)
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements and not afraid to challenge potential Health & Safety hazards (essential)
- Previous experience within a manual based role (desirable)
- Certification for plant driving, i.e. FLT, crane driver etc. (desirable)
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero-tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.
Closing date : Monday 2th October 2017
Team Leidos are looking for a Contingent Operations Planning Assistant
Job Grade: 15
Expiry Date: tbc
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD’s Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Military & Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
Your tasks and responsibilities
– Assist the Contingency Operations Planning Manager (COPM) in the responsibility for, and management of the SD&F contingent operations planning activities required to ensure KN is able to react to and deliver all required Defence materiel a the agreed levels of readiness and enable the customer to embark on training/operations with their Priming Equipment Packs (PEPs) fully equipped when and where required.
– Responsibility for reporting to the COPM on any planning and modelling of the KN contingent operations lift and surge capacity and the calculation of resources required in the Base Depot on a continual basis in support of the customer’s forward planning cycles.
– Liaise with the customer to improve their expectations
– Plan and manage PEPs within the storage estate, providing intelligence in the optimal method of storage, issuing and handling of PEPs
– Undertake any reasonable task as directed by the COPM
Your skills and experience
– Deep understanding of Defence WMS and TMS
– Conversant with Defence operational and training logistic requirements
– Basic commercial acumen
– Self-motivated, with the ability to work individually or as part of a team
– Strong MS Office skills
– Security Cleared
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
World Fuel Services would like to promote the following roles:
Operations Manager, London
Operations Manager (Aviation Fuel), London
Transport and Logistics Operations Manager, Midlands, South East, South West
Quality Assurance Manager, Afghanistan
Career Transition Support
The Career Transition Partnership (CTP) is the MOD’s resettlement provision giving flexible support from to all ranks of the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force from two years prior to discharge, through to two years after.
We provide the following support for a successful resettlement and more: – Careers Advice, including a personal Career Consultant who will help you create a personal resettlement plan and – Transition Workshops, including CV writing, Networking, Interview Techniques and Self Employment Awareness – Vocational Training Courses at our Resettlement Training Centre and via MoD approved providers of training – Events giving you the opportunity to meet potential employers face to face and virtually – RightJob – our job site, offering thousands of live vacancies across a broad range of industries and job types – Access to employers who value the considerable skills and experience ex-military personnel bring to the civilian workplace
identify your transferable skills
We provide the following support for a successful resettlement and more:
– Careers Advice, including a personal Career Consultant who will help you create a personal resettlement plan and
– Transition Workshops, including CV writing, Networking, Interview Techniques and Self Employment Awareness
– Vocational Training Courses at our Resettlement Training Centre and via MoD approved providers of training
– Events giving you the opportunity to meet potential employers face to face and virtually
– RightJob – our job site, offering thousands of live vacancies across a broad range of industries and job types
– Access to employers who value the considerable skills and experience ex-military personnel bring to the civilian workplace
We are an independent charity working closely with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to help officers find jobs. As a charity we also provide a range of additional officer focussed services to increase your knowledge, extend your network and help you on your next path.
Whether you are still serving, in transition, or a former officer wishing to change career later in life, the OA offers professional, impartial and practical advice on all aspects of transition and employment.
In addition to offering employment services, the OA is dedicated to helping former officers and their dependants from Royal Navy and Royal Marines, the Army, Royal Air Force and Reserve Forces through benevolence advice and assistance. Dependants of officers currently serving may also qualify.
For more information contact The Officers’ Association